I have put together a little page dedicated to the last few days of storms across the Canadian prairies. My forecast videos and the tornado videos from Manitoba are now bunched together on the features page. More is being added as it comes in. Some exclusive pictures are on the Yahoo! group so join up. Its free and was the first to break the story of the monster tornado video by Reed Timmer and Dave Holder of TornadoVideos.net This story has gone around the globe from the BBC to CNN and many others. No doubt some of the most incredible tornado footage ever in Canada.
More rain for Saskatoon at this hour but clouds are convecting so downpours are possible. There are Severe Thunderstorm Watches in Alberta and Manitoba. It is unlikely that there is enough heat to cause any ugly twisters like what we have all seen on TV and YouTube. It does look like an inland cyclone on radar so watch out for dumps of hail or sleet. It feels cold enough here in Saskatoon.
- Weather Data Links
- Storm Discussion
- LIVE Storm Chase Feeds
- Tornado Fatalities in Saskatchewan 1898 to 1979
- June 1st, 1986 Three Tornadoes Strike Saskatoon's North End
- Education and History
- Storm Chasing/Meteorology/Weather Sites
- Risk Map Archives
- 2012 YEAR OF TORNADOES IN SASKATCHEWAN (video playlist)
- 2004 Photos
- Photos 2003
- Photos 2002
- Storm & Wildlife Photographer.NON-PROFIT Volunteer Storm CasterRelay Of Severe Weather Alerts/ReportsRetail Marketing Team - Hudson's Bay CompanyKayaking, bird watching, fishing and wildlife photography are my summer hobbies when waiting for storms. See my adventures on YouTube!I build a daily map of storm risk for the Canadian Prairies to accomplish two things. One, translate the complications of the meteorologists into something simple that the public can understand clearly. Two, become a buffer on social media to either raise the alarm and calm the masses depending on the level of hype.Storm chasing is limited nowadays to a few photo ops by the lake at Wascana in Regina or up north at Pratt. Generally, I spend more time nowcasting for chasers around Saskatchewan which saves on gas and keeps me safe in my studio/bunker.Once storm season comes to an end in August, gaming season then begins. Find me on Twitch.com/jaredmysko playing non-violent games like Forza and FIFA.Thanks for all the likes, shares, comments and encouragement. Stay safe and enjoy the weather!Jared