Tropical storm Leslie has upgraded to hurricane strength in the Atlantic Ocean and is expected to track towards Nova Scotia. Landfall is expected on Monday, September 10th maintaining a category 2 hurricane status. Another tropical storm, Michael has formed further east and looks to move in the same general direction and possibly combine with Hurricane Leslie. This situation will need to be closely monitored, check the USA's National Hurricane Center for updates as well as Canadian Hurricane Centre for more on this.
The weather on the Canadian Prairies has very much cooled off as harvest season is fully under way. Rain and thunder showers are expected today over western Saskatchewan but no major amounts expected. Farmers are hoping for it to stay dry enough to get the crops off on time and so far it seems things are going well. According to the latest crop report by Agriculture Saskatchewan, harvest is well ahead of the 5 year average and the weather is expected to stay fairly dry into next week.
- Jared Mysko
- Weather Data Links
- Storm Discussion
- LIVE Storm Chase Feeds
- Tornado Fatalities in Saskatchewan 1898 to 1979
- June 1st, 1986 Three Tornadoes Strike Saskatoon's North End
- Education and History
- Storm Chasing/Meteorology/Weather Sites
- Risk Map Archives
- 2012 YEAR OF TORNADOES IN SASKATCHEWAN (video playlist)
- 2004 Photos
- Photos 2003
- Photos 2002
- Storm & Wildlife Photographer.NON-PROFIT Volunteer Storm CasterRelay Of Severe Weather Alerts/ReportsRetail Marketing Team - Hudson's Bay CompanyKayaking, bird watching, fishing and wildlife photography are my summer hobbies when waiting for storms. See my adventures on YouTube!I build a daily map of storm risk for the Canadian Prairies to accomplish two things. One, translate the complications of the meteorologists into something simple that the public can understand clearly. Two, become a buffer on social media to either raise the alarm and calm the masses depending on the level of hype.Storm chasing is limited nowadays to a few photo ops by the lake at Wascana in Regina or up north at Pratt. Generally, I spend more time nowcasting for chasers around Saskatchewan which saves on gas and keeps me safe in my studio/bunker.There are two seasons in my world, storm season and gaming season. April and September separate the two. I play FIFA, World Of Warships and Battlefield 1 with live streams on Twitch.com/jaredmysko Ask me about sports, I am a fan and knowledge base of all things FIFA, Premier League, CFL and NFL (yes its all football).Thanks for all the likes, shares, comments and encouragement. Stay safe and enjoy the weather!Jared