Strong storms are expected to fire up early today before noon across much of southern Saskatchewan. This includes a low probability of tornadoes, 2% in the Regina area and 5% along the international border. There is some dispute among forecast models with the NAM calling for a more widespread event from the Yellowhead Highway south and into Manitoba while other models are saying storms will be confined to south of the Number One Highway in Saskatchewan. The undisputed biggest risk remains further south into the Dakotas where SPC is calling for an "enhanced" risk with a large area projected for tornadic action.
The main focus here will be in southern Saskatchewan as many areas could be hearing thunder and seeing large dumps of rain. Possible flash flooding locally and small to moderate sized hail. Damaging winds are not expected but can not be ruled out in stronger cells with the odd weak tornado. If anything, stay up to date with current advisories and watches, keep weather radios and cell phones charged, and always be prepared!
- Weather Data Links
- Storm Discussion
- LIVE Storm Chase Feeds
- Tornado Fatalities in Saskatchewan 1898 to 1979
- June 1st, 1986 Three Tornadoes Strike Saskatoon's North End
- Education and History
- Storm Chasing/Meteorology/Weather Sites
- Risk Map Archives
- 2012 YEAR OF TORNADOES IN SASKATCHEWAN (video playlist)
- 2004 Photos
- Photos 2003
- Photos 2002
- Storm & Wildlife Photographer.NON-PROFIT Volunteer Storm CasterRelay Of Severe Weather Alerts/ReportsRetail Marketing Team - Hudson's Bay CompanyKayaking, bird watching, fishing and wildlife photography are my summer hobbies when waiting for storms. See my adventures on YouTube!I build a daily map of storm risk for the Canadian Prairies to accomplish two things. One, translate the complications of the meteorologists into something simple that the public can understand clearly. Two, become a buffer on social media to either raise the alarm and calm the masses depending on the level of hype.Storm chasing is limited nowadays to a few photo ops by the lake at Wascana in Regina or up north at Pratt. Generally, I spend more time nowcasting for chasers around Saskatchewan which saves on gas and keeps me safe in my studio/bunker.There are two seasons in my world, storm season and gaming season. April and September separate the two. I play FIFA, World Of Warships and Battlefield 1 with live streams on Twitch.com/jaredmysko Ask me about sports, I am a fan and knowledge base of all things FIFA, Premier League, CFL and NFL (yes its all football).Thanks for all the likes, shares, comments and encouragement. Stay safe and enjoy the weather!Jared