Friday, June 09, 2017

Early Morning Storm Front with Pink Shelf and Roll Cloud



Early Morning Shelf Cloud by Jared Mysko on 500px.com
5:04 am, June 9, 2017 - A powerful nocturnal thunderstorm arrived in Regina, bringing a pink shelf and 3 sets of roll clouds. The forecast verified and I luckily woke up just in time to chase it by mountain bike only a few blocks from home. I quickly snapped a few photos in front of the Shoppers Drug Mart and then raced down to the shores of Wascana Lake. Quickly realizing time was running out, I manages one decent photo and headed back. A few more photos and an attempted timelapse did not work out as well since it got dark fast but I did see a couple of intense CG lightning strikes right downtown. After posting photos on Twitter, the Internet took over. I made a Twitter "Moment" to recap the excitement here:

Photo prints are now available on 500px:



Videos from YouTube:



Photos:





Wascana Lake

Second Wave



No comments: