Having vastly under estimated snowfall totals this morning, it was with great enthusiasm, the snow shovel and scraper was taken to clear paths and walkways in anticipation of the big dump tonight. Between 6 and 8 cm of snow fell in a very short time early this morning and the storm system seemed to energize over the city of Regina wreaking havoc on city roads and side streets. Heavy snowfall warnings have just been issued for areas of south east Alberta as the next wave approaches. Forecast is saying 5 to 10 more cm of snow tonight with yet another 2 to 4 cm on Thursday. All this snow will be followed by much needed above normal temperatures for the first time in many weeks.
So get your shovels out and enjoy the warm temperatures, winter's grip is finally falling apart and we all badly need the snow shoveling therapy after the coldest winter in history has kept us huddled inside and attempted to challenge our pride!
We will succeed and the snow will melt, lets help it out straight to the curb and into the gutter where it belongs!
Wednesday, March 05, 2014
- Weather Data Links
- Storm Discussion
- LIVE Storm Chase Feeds
- Tornado Fatalities in Saskatchewan 1898 to 1979
- June 1st, 1986 Three Tornadoes Strike Saskatoon's North End
- Education and History
- Storm Chasing/Meteorology/Weather Sites
- Risk Map Archives
- 2012 YEAR OF TORNADOES IN SASKATCHEWAN (video playlist)
- 2004 Photos
- Photos 2003
- Photos 2002
- Storm & Wildlife Photographer.NON-PROFIT Volunteer Storm CasterRelay Of Severe Weather Alerts/ReportsRetail Marketing Team - Hudson's Bay CompanyKayaking, bird watching, fishing and wildlife photography are my summer hobbies when waiting for storms. See my adventures on YouTube!I build a daily map of storm risk for the Canadian Prairies to accomplish two things. One, translate the complications of the meteorologists into something simple that the public can understand clearly. Two, become a buffer on social media to either raise the alarm and calm the masses depending on the level of hype.Storm chasing is limited nowadays to a few photo ops by the lake at Wascana in Regina or up north at Pratt. Generally, I spend more time nowcasting for chasers around Saskatchewan which saves on gas and keeps me safe in my studio/bunker.There are two seasons in my world, storm season and gaming season. April and September separate the two. I play FIFA, World Of Warships and Battlefield 1 with live streams on Twitch.com/jaredmysko Ask me about sports, I am a fan and knowledge base of all things FIFA, Premier League, CFL and NFL (yes its all football).Thanks for all the likes, shares, comments and encouragement. Stay safe and enjoy the weather!Jared